Almond Coconut Protein Bars
- 2/3 cup Premier Protein Vanilla Powder
- 3/4 cup almond butter
- 2 tablespoons + 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil, separated
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened coconut flakes
- 3 tablespoons miniature chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons dark chocolate chips
- Line an 8.5 x 4.5 inch bread pan with parchment paper or foil. Make sure to leave an overhang with the parchment paper/foil and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the almond butter, 2 tbsp of the coconut oil, and honey. Microwave for 10-15 sec and then stir until smooth and combined. Add in the vanilla extract, salt, vanilla protein powder, coconut flakes, and chocolate chips. Stir until everything is combined and you have a thick dough. Press that dough into the prepared bread pan. Cover the bars and chill for one hour in the fridge.
- Remove from the fridge and using the overhang, pull the bars from the bread pan. Cut the bars into 10-12 individual bars. Enjoy or add the chocolate drizzle.
- To add the chocolate drizzle, combine the chocolate chips and remaining 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave in bursts of 15 seconds, stirring in between each burst for 10 seconds until the chocolate is smooth. Transfer the chocolate to a bag and cut off the tip of the bag. Drizzle the chocolate over the bars and allow to set up at room temperature.
Credit: Chelsea’s Messy Apron