Strawberry Protein Shake With Vanilla Whipped Cream
- 1 Strawberries & Cream Protein Shake
- 1 pack strawberries
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp water
- 3 cups frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup low fat vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Rinse the strawberries under cold water and slice off the green top part. Roughly cut the strawberries into chunks and add them to a pan along with the sugar and water. Bring to a simmer and cook for about 10 minutes until the strawberries are soft. Set aside to cool.
- In another bowl combine the heavy cream and vanilla until soft peaks. Set aside. Once the puree is cool add the frozen strawberries to a blender along with the yogurt and protein drink. Blend on high speed until smooth. Add some of the cooled strawberry puree to the base of your glasses and fill halfway with the protein shake mixture. Spoon some more puree on top and fill to the top with the rest of the mixture from the blender. Repeat with another spoonful of puree and then a heaped spoonful of the whipped cream to finish off.
- Sprinkle with bee pollen and chia seeds if desired.